Stats have proven it is never enough to simply rely solely on plain text when it comes to lead generation for any blog. Infographics tend to engage people more than anything else. They’re widely used by bloggers and micro bloggers. If you have been wondering how to use infographics in a blog then you just landed on the right place.
What are Infographics?
Inforgraphics in simple terms refer to a pictorial presentation of information in a precise and clear manner to an intended audience. They’re used in data presentations, signs, or even maps. They are used by educators, scientists, statisticians, technical writers, bloggers, and mathematicians.
According to 30minutesblogging infographics helps bloggers develop, organize, capture, and communicate complex piece of information. It enables them convey their information in a way an ordinary blog post falls short. Some of the benefits associated with infographics include the following;
- Power of what we see-nothing is comparable to the visual power. What is seen tends to stick in our minds more than what we read in plain text.
- Effective-infographics are used alongside short sentences that are effective in outing across a message. This precise information is enough.
- SEO-friendly-helps augment your SEO efforts when combined with SEO-optimized sentences.
- Brand awareness-infographics easily capture attention and are easy to share. It has potential of bringing in new visitors to your site which boost brand awareness.
How to use Infographics in a Blog
The proper use infographics in a blog can give you amazing results. Once you grasp some simple tricks to employ, it becomes so much easier to use them. Here are some of the ways to use infographics well;
- Minimize text-the infographics are designed to do more talking and text less talking. This means you use one-liners or simple sentences. All the sentences needed by readers will be in your blog posts.
- Irresistible images-high quality and eye-catching images should be employed on your infographics. You may use graphics or simple drawings that provoke the eye.
- Charts and Facts-well organized and presented information will certainly get some attention. It is comprehensible that there may be a million facts about what you researched. However, how the information is repackaged and presented matters. Readers do not need to read 10 paragraphs to get a point. Make use of graphs and charts to drive your information across.
- Accuracy-it is essential that you conduct extensive research so that you present factual data. Misleading or incorrect information will ruin your brand image. You should consider quoting the source of your information whenever possible.
- Overall design-the overall design of the infographics should be clean and well-organized. Cluttered designs are a put-off and should be avoided. Make use of clean lines and matching color schemes.
Infographics may be highly effective in your lead generation strategies once you comprehend how to use infographics in a blog. However, it should never be a replacement to your blog content creation. Instead, it will complement your blog posts. Keep engaging your audience through regular blog posts alongside the infographics.